Saturday, August 27, 2011

Deep Thinking

I have been thinking... hard thinking... deep thinking....
Thoughts that go into the depths of the ocean that are unknown to mankind even to this day...
Thoughts so deep that I cannot even begin to fathom the answer to them...
Thoughts all ponderings from the observance of one question.

The question?

Why is it that the words or the very act of "Mom is in the bathroom" means absolutely nothing?

Since the day I became a mother I do not think I have ever made it through one bathroom visit (for whatever the purpose) without someone coming to the door or in the door.

There is the question that must be answered now.
There is the story that must be told now.
There is the fight that must be resolved now.
The tale that must be tattled now.
The thing that must be shown now.

Even our dog now follows me into the bathroom and if I do not make sure the door is pulled fully to, he will bust through it like nobody's business.

And as I recall... I don't believe that my mother ever received privacy in the bathroom either...

Mom is just always fair game anytime and anywhere... and well the truth is as aggravating as that can get... I wouldn't trade it for the world. Somehow it seems to show that they know that nothing that I am doing at anytime for myself is ever really more important than they are in my life.

Whoever would have thought that the personal interest in Philippians 2:1-4 would include a mom in the bathroom :-)

 "Therefore if there is any encouragement in Christ, if there is any consolation of love, if there is any fellowship of the Spirit, if any affection and compassion, make my joy complete by being of the same mind, maintaining the same love, united in spirit, intent on one purpose. Do nothing from selfishness or empty conceit, but with humility of mind regard one another as more important than yourselves; do not merely look out for your own personal interests, but also for the interests of others."


No comments:

Post a Comment