Monday, October 17, 2011

Dragging...

So I have not posted since... the 12th I think, that was last Wednesday. That's pretty unusual for me. I am usually a daily poster, but the past few days have been quite dragging. I am in a place today of feeling like a weight is baring down on me. It's a strange tired. It's a tired that I usually can shake out of, but today it has lingered on.

Ever had those days?

It's not a blah day really, it's truly an unseen heaviness.

It could simply be that thirty-five is creeping up on me and I am feeling the weight of too many nights in a row of not getting in bed before midnight... 

It could be that I am still in the hormone slump of my female stuff, as I continue on. I find myself anaemic quite often...

Or it could be the spiritual oppression that always hits around this time of year. The enemy of my soul always seems to up his anty during my church's fall drama The Judgment Seat. It is well under way, opening night is two weeks from today.

Either way... I have been short with my girls for no real apparent reasons and I don't like myself at all right now. I feel tired, weary, heavy, and grumpy. My shoulders are slumped and my back is not straight and my head is not held high. I am by no means at this moment rejoicing in the Lord, or counting anything all joy, I most certainly could not be a light to anyone in this state of my flesh.

So as I shove down my second cup of coffee and pour my third in a carry-out cup, we head out the door for basketball practice...

Tonight I think I will plan to be in the bed before midnight, no matter what gets left undone.

No comments:

Post a Comment