Friday, June 24, 2011

It's Been A Prayer Day

Today has been a prayer day, even more so than others. It's been a day that I have spent praying without ceasing for a plethora of things, people, situations, and of course myself and my family.
Today I have prayed for joy in the midst of sorrow for friends who have lost loved ones.
I have prayed for peace and comfort as test results are being waited upon.
I have prayed for those who have family who have been in an auto accident (I know the fear attached that with that one all too well).
I have lifted up praise and thanksgiving for the blessings of God that have been shared by others. I love to hear people giving true props to our Creator God.

I have prayed for finances, for today was "pay the bills day". Bill day always leads me into calculating how much faster we could be "Dave Ramsey debt-free" if I could just finagle in a "real job" somewhere in between laundry, cleaning, occasional cooking, teaching at church, writing, homeschooling my girls, and being a good mom, sister, daughter, and friend and trying to love my husband the way he deserves. Then I feel guilt because my husband is a wonderful provider. So now am I showing my lack of faith in God or him? Either one is ill-conceived when held up to reality. As I attempt to work through all this in my head, and pray about it (or whine about it), I am also researching through the Scriptures preparing to teach from Luke chapter 1 this coming Sunday morning, as I do so the Lord takes me to Psalm 127 and I read "It is vain for you to rise up early, To retire late, To eat the bread of painful labors; For He gives to His beloved even in his sleep." - Yes, Lord I hear You and I will cling to this verse and trust You.

I have prayed that God would give me the strength to say "I am sorry" to my husband. Yes, the whole being late thing got me "once again" and for some crazy reason after 12 years of marriage, my husband still gets worried if I am 2 hours late, although really he should have learned by now, right? Or maybe I should have just learned by now to call...

I have prayed that God would help me wait on Him. You see I have dreams and visions and hopes for the future that I believe with all my heart were put in my heart by my God, but they don't happen as quickly as I like, or in the way I have thought, and I pray that God would still my anxious heart and help me wait. He then takes me to Psalm 1:2-3 "But his delight is in the law of the LORD, And in His law he meditates day and night. He will be like a tree firmly planted by streams of water, Which yields its fruit in its season and its leaf does not wither; And in whatever he does he prospers." - Yes, Lord I hear You and I will cling to this verse and trust You.

I have prayed that God would grant me favor. As I remember Esther, and I remember that she was born for "such a time as this" I know that I too have been born, at this time, in this day, for a purpose. I have been appointed and chosen for my time by my God. I know this because His Word tells me so, "...having determined their appointed times and the boundary of their habitation." (Acts 17:26) - Yes, Lord I hear You and I will cling to this verse and trust You.

I have prayed that the pie that my husband has been working on for the past six hours because of a bad recipe will taste worth it...

And yes it did :-)

Yes today has been a prayer day...

No comments:

Post a Comment