Friday, February 24, 2012

Secure In Christ

I hate insecurity.
I have seen it bring out the very worst in me and in others.
It is crazy how we can be insecure about how we feel about ourselves or the way someone else feels about us and that insecurity will cause us to lash-out instead of love-out.

Instead of showing an abundance of love to the ones we are insecure toward we put up a wall of defence and go into attack mode. Fight or flight kicks in every time.

Insecurity.
It's rooted in fear.
It takes perfect love to cast out fear (1 John 4:18).
I don't know about you but I don't have perfect love on my own. There is nothing perfect in or about me...  That is at least until the day that perfect love accepted me and came to dwell in me and with me.

See post at Proven Path Ministries

No comments:

Post a Comment