Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Strong Enough

So have you ever had one of those segments in time of life where you felt completely overwhelmed but really just could not figure out why...

I am there...

It's a weird place.

I heard this song coming home today:



I am in a time right now where I feel like I am never going to "catch up". It's the never ending running behind syndrome... not being able to relax because you know you have to be forgetting to do something... but for the life of you, you can't think of what it is...

I heard the words to this song "You must, You must think I'm strong, to give me what I'm going through... "

No temptation has overtaken you
but such as is common to man;
and God is faithful,
who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able,
but with the temptation will provide the way of escape also,
so that you will be able to endure it. 
2 Corinthians 10:13

The truth is I am not going through anything right now in comparison to what many are going through... but right now I am in a place of internal struggles, internal turmoil, my mind can't settle... the "to do" list has not even helped... ugh it's frustrating. I feel detached if that makes any sense... kind of on the outside looking in sorta thing. I can feel the walls of self protection trying to go up...

Yep, it's a weird place

But I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength... even sort out this crazy brain of mine.

While this song was playing my youngest said "Momma, you know you really didn't give me life... Jesus did." 
I then said, "Yes, He just let me give birth to you and then trusted me with you to raise."
Then she said "Momma, you can't do all things in Christ here on earth."
I just looked at her with a question.
She then said, "You can't fly in Christ when you're here. You have to learn to walk before you can fly..."  

Oh me... I guess I am still learning to walk... but oh how I long to fly.
There's just nothing like having God speak to you through your seven year old child :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment